Saturday, October 30, 2010

RED RIBBON WEEK

This past week our schools participated in Red Ribbon Week, a great opportunity to talk with our kids about drug and alcohol abuse. At the middle school, they read a story each day about lives affected by drunk driving, drug abuse, etc. in their pride class. Taylor had to wear crazy socks one day, sunglasses another and dress as twins on Thursday. I didn't get any photos, but did enjoy hearing about all she had learned each day.
Allison was a good sport and let me take a photo each morning before heading out the door. Her school's theme was "Live Life to the Max! Drug-free works for me!" MONDAY: "When I grow up, I want to be drug-free." Dress as something you would like to be when you grow up.
TUESDAY: "Follow your dreams, don't do drugs." Wear your pajamas.
WEDNESDAY: "Drug-free, the healthy way to be." Wear athletic attire.
THURSDAY: "I've made up my mind-no drugs for me." Wear something on your head. (Note the new gap in the smile. She lost tooth #7 last night!)
FRIDAY: "Let your true colors shine! Wear red day!"