Friday, February 20, 2009

Flag Salute and Snow Camp

The 1st graders wore red, white and blue today and sang "Your a Grand Old Flag" at Flag Salute this morning. Thank you to Wendy for taking a picture. I left my camera in the trunk of my car. Of course, Allison was right up front, sang loud and knew all of the hand movements.



11 sleeping bags, pillows, duffle bags and sleds, along with 8 girl scouts and 3 moms, packed into 2 SUVs and headed for Snow Camp in Idyllwild. The girls have been looking forward to this trip all school year and were so excited to get started. They wanted to be one of the first troops there so they wouldn't get stuck with cleaning toilets on the Caper Chart. You know that job will be left for whoever shows up last! Taylor packed board games and stuff to paint nails and they can't wait to go sledding in the morning and walk into town. We can't wait to hear all about it when she returns on Sunday.

This is the 1st overnight girl scout outing that I haven't chaperoned. As much as I love them, 3 days in the snow is not my idea of fun. I don't like being cold. I promised Deb I would take the girls somewhere hot this summer!

Matt also headed to the snow for a weekend getaway. He drove up to Big Bear with some buddies from work, so Allison and I are on our own. The weather is just right for a day at Legoland or the SeaLife Aquarium tomorrow.