Friday, September 26, 2014

Kauai Day #6

 Today was our last full day on the Garden Isle.  We had one final walk on our morning path,
 took in every crashing wave
 and gorgeous view.
 We drove through the residential part of Kapaa and took a picture of the high school since Taylor met girls from there at this summer's UCSD soccer camp.
 We even found one last waterfall!
 We did some last minute shopping for the girls and got one more shave ice from Ono Ono.
 Matt wanted to take me out for a nice birthday dinner so I chose Duke's in Lihue.
 We drank Longboard's and Lava Flows at the Barefoot Bar before making our way upstairs.
 I attempted macadamia nut crusted fish, but should have stuck with steak or chicken.  Luckily, Matt loved it.
All I really cared about was the Hula Pie!  I was spoiled with a stunning Tiffany necklace and love it!
Matt made me feel very special all week and I loved celebrating my 40th birthday in Kauai with him.
It was great to have a week of no schedules and really just hang out together.


Our last evening stroll was the perfect way to end the perfect week in paradise.  We are sad to say goodbye tomorrow, but are excited to get back to our girls.  We can't wait to bring them back here and experience it all through their eyes.  A very special thank you to my mom who held down the fort while we were gone and gave us the opportunity to get away!