Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The BIG 4-0!

For months, I've been trying to deny that my 40th birthday was quickly approaching.  I don't know why it seemed like such a bad thing, but I was just liked the sound of 39 better.  Although I couldn't have asked for a better way to ring in the new decade. Matt and I had an AMAZING week in Kauai
and I absolutely love the new necklace he bought for me!!  Everything is prettier in cute blue box!
My parents spoiled me with gorgeous earrings and these pretty flowers when we returned home
and we had a early birthday celebration at La Cocina before my Mom flew back.  I even got my favorite Baskin Robbins log cake!  The girls wrote me a sweet card and left notes all over the house on my birthday morning.  I also got to have a nice lunch with Wendy and Leslie at Chipotle and another lunch on Thursady with Stacy and Mary at The Habit.  I appreciated all of the cards and gifts that came from family and friends, all of the Facebook birthday wishes and phone calls. It all made turning 40 not so bad after all!!