Friday, February 17, 2012

Hitting the Slopes

We would never normally hit the slopes on a holiday weekend, but lucky for us, our school also had Friday off. We figured we could spend a day at Snow Summit and beat the weekend crowd. Although more crowded than normal weekdays, it was a perfect ski day!We didn't even need jackets or gloves and the fresh powder from Wednesday's storm was awesome.We did several runs down Summit Run and Miracle Mile and then I saved a lunch table while Matt and the girls went to the Family Fun Park for a while.
We got a nice spot outside for burgers and pizza and a little time to rest our legs. After lunch, they convinced me to try a new run. I was way out of my comfort zone, but made it down safely. Matt jokes that I will never progress if I don't try harder runs, but honestly, I have no interest in progressing. I am happy on my Green hills while watching the girls get better with Matt as their guide.
It was nice to have a family day together and hope we get a few more storms so we can get up to Big Bear a few more times this season.