Thursday, March 12, 2009

Paper Plate Apology

I pulled the glass Pyrex out of the oven to let the chicken cool while I finished the pasta on the stovetop. Allison comes running in the kitchen to see what is for dinner, grabs the pyrex dish and instantly realizes the mistake she made. Her thumb hurts, turns red and the tears start to flow. I lift her up to put her thumb under the faucet and explain, "Honey, you can't touch stuff that just comes out of the oven. You will burn yourself. That is why you have to be so careful around the stove and oven. Do you understand?" She nods yes and goes running upstairs. Within minutes, long after I am over the incident, Allison comes down the stairs and hands me this plate.
It reads, "I am sre (sorry) that I put my hand on the pan!" That is one to keep in the memory box.