Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Green Eggs and Ham

First grade celebrated Dr. Seuss today by making and watching Green Eggs and Ham, making Oobleck from Bartholomew and the Oobleck and making flower hats from Daisy-Head Mayzie. I volunteered to help scramble the green eggs for a few of the classes. The kids thought it was the best. They even loved the green ham. I guess I will have to remember this for St. Patrick's Day!

It was all part of "Read Across America" week. So far the kids have gone to school in their "just got out of bed" look for Messy Monday, wore hats for Hats Off to Reading Day and today was Wacky Wednesday. Tomorrow they will wear shirts with school appropriate writing for Read My Shirt Day and finish the week as their favorite funny fictional character. I think Taylor wants to be Junie B. Jones and Allison will be Fancy Nancy.