Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Green

Last night Allison asked if she could sleep with Taylor. I told her it was a school night so "not tonight". She wrapped her arms around my leg and nervously said, "But the leprachauns are coming tonight". I assured her they wouldn't come as I dismissed all of the fun ideas I had planned. We didn't have any leprechauns shuffle through our drawers or toss pillows throughout the house like last year, but we sure did see a lot of green. The kids ate green eggs and drank green milk with their bagels and bacon and everything in their lunches turned green as well. They were so excited to eat sugar snap peas, honeydew, green-wrapped string cheese, sour cream and onion pringles and sour green YOGOS. They even drank green water. I think we may even have green gatorade for tonight's soccer practice. We all made sure to wear green too so we wouldn't get pinched! Happy St. Patrick's Day!