Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mission Bay SportsCenter



We gave Allison a gift certificate for an afternoon on the water at Mission Bay SportsCenter.  We attempted to go a few weeks ago, but the weather was too cool and windy.  I'm glad we waited because today was perfect!
She chose stand up paddle boarding as our first activity.  We weren't too thrilled about having to wear the lifejackets but we didn't let it get in the way. 
 
 After trying this activity in Maui this spring, we were excited to try it again.  Matt had a much better experience...claiming the board was wider and longer.  I'm sure the smoother water helped as well since we were just in the bay.  Success!
 Then we switched to tandem kayaks and had a relaxing hour cruising around.  This was a lot less strenuous on our arms and we were able to cover more distance.
It was a very fun family afternoon and I'll keep my eye out for another Groupon deal so we can do it again! 
All of this exercise made us very hungry!  We went to Miller's Field for dinner and caught the first half of the US Men's Soccer game.  On our last visit to Pacific Beach, I had spotted a make-your-own ice cream sandwich shop, but we weren't hungry at the time.  I made sure to have a small dinner to save room for dessert and I'm so glad I did.  Two chocolate chip cookies with mint chip ice cream=delicious.  We loved The Baked Bear!