Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Boenig History Lesson

 Papa picked us up from the Arch and we mapped a Steak n' Shake close by.  This is the restaurant I always remember going to on our trips to St. Louis.
The girls started off with a mint cookie shake and I shared a chocolate one with my mom.
 The diner style burgers and the shoestring fries are oh so good!
 After lunch, we drove out to Resurrection Cemetery.  I have wanted the girls to learn a little about my dad's side of the family since they didn't get to know them. My great-grandparents (Frank and Mary) and my grandparents (Charlie and Lillian) are all buried there and I'm glad we got a chance to visit.
Then we drove out to Chesterfield to visit the home my grandparents lived in when I was growing up.  I have wonderful memories playing in their basement, eating Nabisco treats from the pantry, sledding down their back hill and watching cardinals fly past their kitchen window.
We finished our night with a swim in the hotel pool and a nice patio dinner at Over Under.