Friday, July 5, 2013

Bridal Shower

 This morning we were surprised and treated to Barnes Foodland donuts (our favorite must-try)!  
Four of my mom's brothers run the store that my grandfather started years ago. Some of my best DeWitt memories are walking to Barnes Foodland for fresh donuts from their bakery.  This morning my Uncle Mike drove a huge boxful of donuts to our hotel for all of the out-of-town family and they were just as good as I remember!
 Then it was onto the bridal shower to celebrate Becca.  Several of Thomas' aunts hosted the baseball themed event (the wedding reception is at a ballpark).
 We had a delicious brunch with quiche, muffins, fruit and desserts.
Becca was showered with an array of kitchen/baking items including a KitchenAid mixer that we all pitched in to get.
My cousin Keri and Aunt Kathy

Grandma wasn't feeling up to attend the shower so we stopped by her house afterwards.  I'm so glad Taylor suggested getting a photo of all 4 generations!
Keri came back to the hotel with us to play with the girls and swim before meeting up with some of the family for dinner.  The girls have really bonded with Keri and Lucas since their visit to our house last October.