Friday, October 5, 2012

Birthday Week of FUN

 I woke up on Monday to an awesome donut cake, candy galore and a gift bag full of gifts!  Pretty impressive for Matt to put together after working all night and getting home at 5:30 in the morning.
 I had a very nice lunch with Charlie, Mary and Leslie during the day, received tons of calls and Facebook birthday wishes and was spoiled rotten at soccer practice!  I think I have enough candy to last the rest of the year!
 On Wednesday, I had a delicious breakfast with Leslie, Wendy and Julie down at Mama Kat's in San Marcos (forgot to get a photo) and then had the perfect end to my birthday week with a kayaking date with my love in La Jolla today.
 We decided to rent a double kayak and head out without a guide this time since we have been here before.  Although getting out past the waves and coming back in through the waves was a little rough and wet, the 2-hour ride was calm and beautiful.  We went through the kelp beds, along the sea cliffs and to see the sea lions.  It was nice going at our own pace and just enjoying the peace and quiet.  Matt got me the perfect gift and it was the perfect end to a fabulous birthday week!