Friday, August 27, 2010

SUPER DIAMOND at the Races

Several years ago, we saw SUPER DIAMOND at the Solana Beach Street Fair and have wanted to see them again. When our team was playing in Carlsbad a few weeks ago, it became the topic of conversation and a group of us was interested in seeing them again. Tonight, they were playing at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, so we all sent our kids off to sleepovers and headed down. We got there in time for the fourth race, but it was too late to place a bet. After looking through the book, I noticed that "Princess Taylor" was racing in race #5. I couldn't go wrong, so I placed a $3 bet.
"Princess Taylor" pulled through with the victory and I won $1.80!!! I know you have to play big to win big, but this was good enough for me.

Nice to finally have a date night!

Leslie and Hank

Mary and Charlie

Tim and Stacey

Then it was off to the Grandstand Stage for SUPER DIAMOND, the best Neil Diamond tribute band around. They have become quite popular, so a free concert was a real treat.

I didn't know that many songs, but loved singing along to Forever in Blue Jeans, Sweet Caroline and America! It was a great show and fun time with friends.