Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1, 1997

This month marks 20 years since Matt and I met at ClubSport San Ramon. He worked in the cafe and I worked in the childcare. I would pass him everyday on the way to the breakroom. He was in college then and always chuckled as I walked past with my high school backpack. We began dating in December, he was a good sport and went to my Junior and Senior Prom and we spent a year dating long distance when he moved to San Diego.
I followed him down to SD State when I graduated in 1992, but then had to move back home in Jan 1993 when I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease. We had been apart for a few months before that, but he was a huge part of my support group when I was sick...calling after each treatment and offering assistance along the way. After going into remission 6 months later, I moved back to SD and looked forward to a fresh start with Matt.
I have so many memories of our time together...getting engaged Christmas Day 2005, graduating college, getting married, seeing him graduate from the Police Academy, buying our 1st house, vacations all over the country, etc. We have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters and a very bright future. I love him now more than the day I married him and look forward to many more memories. Happy 13th Anniversary to my amazing husband and friend!!