Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy 40th (I hope she doesn't mind me sharing that)!

What better place to have a breakfast birthday lunch than at Southcoast Winery? I told Lisa I wanted to take her there to celebrate her big 4-0. I didn't tell her that we would have company! When she arrived, she was thrilled to see Laura, Leslie, Karen and Shawn joining us for breakfast.
Southcoast is "famous" for their Vanilla Creme Loaded Banana Pancake and it is fabulous, especially with toasted coconut on top. I have built this thing up pretty good and it didn't disappoint. Our very kind waiter brought us one as a Birthday Breakfast appetizer. It is the sweetest, richest, gooeyist pancake ever and all of the ladies loved it.


We had a great time sharing 1st week of school stories, discussing puberty and how to deal with it and the many other "girly" topics of the morning. Lisa opened a few very nice gifts and thanked us for our friendship. I think we should make this a birthday tradition...