Sunday, October 22, 2017

New Orleans Day #1

Matt found out months ago about a conference opportunity in New Orleans.  This place has been on my bucket list, so I was excited to take the week off of work and join him!  A big thanks to my mom for staying with Allison for the week!
Matt flew in from Kansas City and I flew from San Diego, meeting at the airport in New Orleans.
 We checked into the hotel and quickly headed out to meet Adam and Luis (2 of Matt's detectives) at Johnny Sanchez.  It is a delicious mexican restaurant owned by Aaron Sanchez.  I watch him all of the time on Chopped and MasterChef.
I was hoping to see him at the restaurant, but no luck.  The food, however, was amazing! We had tortilla chips and plantain chips with salsa, guacamole and queso to start.  I had the chicken tortilla soup and Matt had the carnitas burrito...both fantastic!
Looking forward to a fun week exploring New Orleans!