Monday, September 28, 2015

V-A-R-S-I-T-Y

Taylor had 3 days of tryouts last week for the Varsity soccer team.  Last night I got a call from Allison P. saying that Taylor made the team and they would be at our house at 3:20am for the traditional "kidnapping" of new teammates.  After a long weekend of little sleep, I knew this would be tough for Taylor, but I was so excited for her.
 I set my alarm for 3:15am and met the girls at the front door.  They quietly walked up the stairs and busted open Taylor's door…screaming and spraying her with silly string.  It scared the crap out of her!  They gave her 1 minute to put on leggings and grab her school bag.  Luckily she slept in a sports bra, just in case!
After picking up Chloe too, they were blindfolded and driven to the sports park for early morning conditioning while being sprayed with water.
They were given lovely new looks and had team breakfast at IHOP and Starbucks.
Once at school, they had to perform a dance on the Senior Lawn and blow their flutes whenever their names were called.  This poor girl is beyond exhausted, but so happy to be on the team!
At 8:00am, the roster (Taylor was #42) was posted on the website and they have their first meeting at lunch today.  I can't wait to cheer her on and am so happy to see her hard work paying off.  CONGRATULATIONS TAYLOR!!