Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy 90th Birthday

This sweet lady turns 90 on Monday, March 16th.  We were all in town to share in the celebration of my grandmother, Virginette Barnes.  The celebration began with 4:30pm mass at St. Joe's Catholic Church and a special birthday wish from the priest and congregation.
 After church, it was out to Springbrook Country Club for drinks, dinner and cake.  Before heading inside, there was a photographer to take family photos.  Here is Grandma with all 7 of her children and some of their spouses.
 Mya, Aidan and Cooper, 3 of the great grandchildren
 I was so glad Taylor made the trip with me and I know it meant a lot to my grandma to have her there.
 We really enjoyed our time with Bethany this weekend too and can't wait to return in July for her wedding.
 Uncle Bill and Anna joined us for some drinks before dinner
 Mya and Aidan enjoying drinks of their own
 Uncle Mike and Aunt Cindy did a beautiful job arranging the dinner.  There were loose photos all over the dinner tables and this lovely table had a photo tree of grandma's life and treasures from so many wonderful moments in her life.
 She really enjoyed them and shared some fun stories with my cousin Alan and Uncle Greg.
 Alan and Brooke's son Cooper is such a cutie and has grown so much since we saw him almost 2 years ago!
 Dinner was delicious…salmon, chicken and pork tenderloin with potatoes, rolls and veggies.  It was great night for visiting with all of our Iowa family. My cousin Melissa flew in from Florida.  She is here with her mom Cindy and my other Aunt Sheri.
Aunt Pam and Uncle Mike drove in from Omaha, Nebraska.
 Barnes Foodland bakery made grandma this gorgeous cake
 and we all sang to wish her a happy 90th!
 4 generations!  Grandma was pretty wiped out after a long day so my dad took her home after she posed for a few more photos.
Several of us continued the party at Jorgie's.  Taylor sure wished she was 21, but she loved that she got to hang out with all of the adults.  
My cousin Matt (just got engaged last weekend) and my Uncle Brian who flew in from Colorado.  Taylor and I lasted until about 12:30am before calling it quits, but had a great day with everyone.  We really felt like we got to spend some quality time with so many family members and are so happy we made the trip!