Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon Mania

The girls have been counting down this day for months! We had so much fun at the Twilight midnight showing last November so we knew we had to do it again for the New Moon release. Wendy purchased the tickets months ago and I marked the calendar. I am not quite as "crazy" as Wendy and Chessa are about these movies, but I must say I was looking forward to it after the quick refresher that Wendy gave me! It had been a while since I read the books. Chessa, Leslie and Wendy waiting in line
We picked up Chipotle on the way to the theater and got in line around 6:30. New Moon sold out in all 15 theaters which meant 3000 people waiting in line for the midnight show. Luckily, we got tickets to see Twilight at 9 so we were let in around 7:45. We found seats at the very top, unloaded our candy-filled purses and settled in for the 6 hours in our seats. I actually enjoyed Twilight more this time around and anxiously awaited New Moon.
At 12:03, the theater erupted with screaming fans as the movie began. I listened to Wendy cry as Edward left Bella and saw Chessa wipe away a few tears. I spent most of the time just trying to stay awake, but think I liked this movie even better than Twilight. I may even want to see it again (during the day next time). My head hit the pillow at 3am which made for a tough Friday. I have until June 10th to recover and then it is time for Eclipse!!!