Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Treat

What a great day! No sleeping in for me (that's impossible), but I enjoyed a relaxing morning. We did make it to 9:00 church and loved the message today. The pastor talked about the legacy you want to leave to your children and it was sure powerful!

When we got home, I was treated to some wonderful gifts that the girls made at school. They are always the best gifts. Allison made me a terra cotta pot, painted with her fingerprints as flowers and also wrote me an adorable poem.
M-magnificent!
O-out of this world!
T- the best mom!
H- happiest mom!
E-excellent coach
R-really good

Taylor gave me a cute coupon book promising to vacuum the stairs, make me breakfast in bed and be my servant for a day. Can't wait! She also wrote me a letter that brought me to tears:
Dear Mom,
You are the world to me. You mean everything to me and you are the best mom anyone could ever have! Whenever I am sad you make me feel better. Whenever I need someone to keep me company, you are always there for me. My love for you is so big I can't even describe it. I feel that you are the best, most amazing, awesome mom ever. You can do anything and everything. It's like you are "supermom". You should win the award for the best mom ever. Is there an award for best mom ever? Well, even if there isn't there should be. You would for sure win. I love you so much!
Love, Taylor


Matt had arranged for a day in La Jolla to go sea kayaking, but after some discussion and a check of the weather, we decided to save that for another day. The marine layer was pretty thick and it would have made for a chilly day on the water, but I sure loved the idea! We did still head to the water, but chose to walk and ride scooters along the bay. It is always so relaxing, yet good exercise. We finished the day with a stop at Luigi's pizza in Mission Beach. We've told the girls about our many trips there in college and thought we would let them experience their giant slices of pizza. They loved it as much as we did!

Matt and I often joke that half the stuff we do as parents wasn't in the "brochure", but Mother's Day is one of those days that makes me truly appreciate how blessed we are to have two beautiful, precious daughters. I love them dearly and cherish all they bring to our lives!!