Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sea Life Aquarium

When Allison and I went to Legoland a few weeks, we spotted the new Sea Life Aquarium next door. I promised we would make a trip there during Spring Break, so today was the day. The fish on top were made of Legos, pretty cool, and some of the fish tanks had Lego men inside as scuba divers. The kids enjoyed reading the "Fin Facts" posted throughout and answering the quiz questions on the scratch card.
Allison had fun touching the Sea Stars and Sea Cucumbers in the tidepool tank, but was disappointed that she couldn't pick anything up (at Sea World, they let you pick everything up).

Taylor and I loved the jellyfish tank and the seahorse display. I never knew that the male seahorse actually gets pregnant and gives birth!


Although we haven't officially adopted Maylie, she sure seems to be in a lot of our pictures lately. Her family actually gave us free passes for today and we were glad to have her join us. Overall, the kids and I enjoyed the aquarium, but I think I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price. We walked in at 11:30am and were back in our car at 1:00pm. We had even taken a break for lunch. The exhibits were clean and educational, but didn't offer enough hands on activities or other features.
Although finishing up at 1:00 gave me the idea to take the kids to the Carlsbad Outlets and Flower Fields. The ranunculas were beginning to bloom, but weren't good enough yet for any photos. We will have to head back in a few weeks.