Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rehearsal Dinner


We all met for the rehearsal at the Palm Event Center at Mitchell Katz Winery. We did a few quick trial runs, stressed about how slow we would have to walk down the aisle and realized that Taylor and Allison were quite comfortable in their role as flower girls (this would be their 4th wedding!). {I can't believe Chris is getting married!}


{Aimee's Mom, Joanne with my Mom}


{Darrin, "Red", Dave, Nick, Chris and Kolby}


{Cousins}

Chris, Aimee and my parents had certainly done their research on places to hold the Rehearsal Dinner. They picked Terra Mia Ristorante Italiano in Livermore and it was perfect. It was the best Italian meal I think I have ever eaten. I got the Pollo Saltimbocca and Matt had the Ossobuco and we are now hunting for recipes to try them at home. Thank you to them for a wonderful evening.

{Chris and Aimee}

After a lovely dinner and time to visit, the bride and groom thanked everyone, passed out some very thoughtful gifts and Chris brought most of the room to tears as he welcomed Zach into his family. He and Zach have formed quite a bond over these last few years.

{An emotional moment for Chris and Zach}

The evening continued as we met the extended families and friends back at the Marriott hotel for drinks and desserts. It was nice catching up with my friend Brent (we have been friends since grade school) and hearing the latest stories from my cousins. Matt and I both laughed as we looked around the room and saw all of them drinking at the bar. In the 19 years we have been together, we have seen them all grow up so fast. It is so much fun to get together with all of them.

{Darrin, Brent, Engelbert and Matt at the Marriott}

{My cousins Matt, Thomas and Ryan}


{One last hug with their single uncle!}