Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Day Full of Surprises


Well, today I turned 34! I expected a normal Wednesday full of carpools, work, Brownies and soccer, but my husband had other things in mind. When I woke up, I was sent on a Scavenger Hunt through the house. Clue #1 led to a gift and Clue #2 and so on. By the end, I had been up and down the stairs, in the garage, pantry and linen closet and under the recliner chair and our bed. Matt was so creative in his clue writing and gift selection. For example, Clue #4 said "Maui, Vanuatu, Australia and Samoa all have this in common. Look inside to find a tasty, well prepared treat." Any guesses? Well, it was the kitchen "island". See what I mean-creative! The gifts included a shirt, tank top, 2009 calendar, Stephanie Meyer book, Maui Revealed book(for our upcoming trip), panties and a sweater. What a good shopper!
After coffee with some friends and some errands around town, I headed home for what I thought would be a typical afternoon. But again to my surprise, I came home to a house decorated for a party and Matt preparing dinner for our family and about 6 other families. He had steak, chicken, corn, beans, salad, rolls, cake and drinks for all. Unbelievable! Apparently, everyone was in on it all along. What a great birthday surprise! Thank you! Thank you!