Friday, March 1, 2019

Boise Day #3

More exploring on our last day in Boise.
Guru Donuts came highly recommended and so we went!  
This donut shop is not a chain.  This is it's only location.  So many options from basic cake donuts to fancy flavors and I think it moved up to #1 on my "favorite donut shop" list.
I hate to admit that I ate all 3 of these, but I did over the course of the day...coconut/vanilla, cinnamon sugar twist and drumstick...so good!
 I also couldn't leave without trying Dutch Bros.  It was ok, but not sure what all of the hype is about.
 We did a quick tour of Boise State as well.  
It is a nice campus right along the Boise River, with a great walking/biking trail that runs alongside for miles.
We toured the "smurf turf"
 and walked around to see the student union and quad area.
Our last stop was Lucky Peak State Park
with nice views of the Boise River.  I'm sure it is even prettier in the spring and fall, so we look forward to another trip here when we can enjoy even more outdoor activities!  We really enjoyed the little getaway and exploring a new city!