Friday, March 10, 2017

Beach Friday

 Half day at school on Friday?  Let's go to the beach!  I called in sick for the afternoon and headed down to Oceanside Harbor to get a bonfire pit. Taylor and her friends picked up lunch and met me down at our spot and Leslie brought a car load of Reanna's friends too!  The Seniors battled the Freshman in volleyball, they played some paddle ball and swam in the freezing water.  
Leslie and I relaxed, chatted and took a walk along the jetty before the sun went down.  Sure beats working!
 As the sun set, we built fires in both fire pits and I just cherished every minute with all of these kids.
 As senior year is coming to an end, their friendships seem to be getting stronger.  I can tell they are feeling the countdown too and I felt blessed to sit by the fire with them, make s'mores and listen to all of their stories.  What a great group of kids!!