Saturday, October 1, 2016

42

It seems by birthday wouldn't be complete without donuts!  It has become tradition!  Matt and I went out for a nice walk and trip to Starbucks this morning and came home to this lovely surprise.  Leslie stood in line at Wongz Donutz for me!  I have been dying to try this place, but they sell out everyday and I just haven't been able to get there in time.  They were delicious!  I loved the S'mores and Nutella, but all were pretty tasty!
Before the kids left for their homecoming festivities, I opened cards and gifts from my sweet family.  I loved the cards and necklace from the girls and Matt got me some cute workout clothes and Disney gift cards for my Disneyland day next week!  After finishing up with the homecoming pictures, we went to Old Town for dinner at Palumbo's.  It's one of the last places we had yet to try in Old Town and it was delicious!  I loved the gnocchi and Matt loved the Chicken Parmesan.
Then we stopped by Crush and Brew for a drink at the bar.  When we were just about done, the bartender came up to us and said that a customer wanted to buy us another round to thank Matt for his service.  We scanned the restaurant and spotted our friend Doug sitting across the room. We visited for a while and he ended up picking up our entire tab.  What a sweet friend!
My other birthday favorite is Baskin Robbins ice cream cake!  Although too full to eat it tonight, we will share it as a family tomorrow.  It was a great birthday!  I got lots of lovely calls, Facebook messages, cards in the mail and Wendy left a sweet gift on the front porch.  I feel blessed to have such wonderful friends and family that made turning 42 not so bad!!