Wednesday, August 10, 2016

First Day of School 2016/2017

Our sweet Allie-cat is officially a high schooler and couldn't be more excited about it!  She spent time at the orientation and Welcome BBQ yesterday and was all dolled up in her Red Wave attire for the first day!  Allison is already enrolled in WSB and looks to join Interact and play soccer.  She is also showing an interest in field hockey and I look forward to seeing what else she finds.  Class of 2020 has a nice ring to it!
 Thank goodness I have 4 more years with Allison. Otherwise this day would have been even tougher!  Our Taylor B is a senior and I just can't believe this is our last year with her at home.  With college applications underway, it all just got very real and I'm just trying to enjoy each moment rather than cry uncontrollably.  She will finish out her 4th year of WSB, continue her role as Secretary for both WSB and Interact, complete her 2nd year of NHS and hopefully get a part-time job.  It's going to be a busy year!
I'm thrilled that these 2 get one year together and hope they form an even stronger bond!  I'm also thrilled that I don't have to drive carpool this year! Wishing you both a fantastic year at GOHS!