Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Day of School 2015/2016

Taylor was first out the door this morning for her first day of Junior year.  I'm struggling to wrap my head around this and can't believe I will only have one more "1st day of school" picture to take next year.  Although she has quite a bit to look forward to this year…ASB Secretary, the soccer team (hopefully varsity), football games, homecoming and prom just to name a few. She will also have to work quite hard this year…2 AP classes, Spanish 3, SAT and ACT tests and scholarship applications.  I know she will do great and make the most of her year!
Allison was excited to head out for her 1st day of 8th grade.  Big kids on campus!  She got a great schedule with several of the wonderful teachers Taylor had in middle school.  A few already commented on her being related to Taylor.  I'm hoping that starts her off on the right foot!  She was happy to be reunited with friends and thrilled they will all share the same lunch period this year.  I think she will be running cross country again and trying out for the soccer team.  She is also excited to be Mr. Shackelford's teacher assistant!  I know she will push herself to get good grades and prepare herself for high school and have fun in the process!