Sunday, October 2, 2011

Turning 37

Gone are the days of getting excited for birthdays to arrive, but thanks to wonderful family and friends, I felt showered with love this weekend as I celebrated turning 37. The fun began with lunch at La Cocina on Friday with Leslie, Mary and Wendy. Saturday morning, the girls brought me donuts and juice while Matt was teaching:) When we got to the soccer field, Jenna presented me with this fun hat to wear during our game!

The team also spoiled me with very sweet cards, gifts and candy and played great in our 5-0 victory over SDFA. They sang to me and we all ate yummy rice krispies treats made by Mary.

After Allison's game, Leslie and Hank were kind enough to watch the girls so Matt and I could go to dinner at Lazy Dog Cafe. We were thrilled to have Charlie and Mary join us and really loved the bag of treats Charlie brought along! I think I will re-gift the Potted Meat when his birthday comes around in December:)

This morning, Matt and I went on a nice walk down to Starbucks and were surprised when Kim (Mrs. Atkinson) arrived at the house with these beautiful and tasty cupcakes.

When I opened my gifts from the family (a new SDSU soccer shirt and new soccer visors), there was also a card with a gift coupon for a new MAC computer!! We have needed to replace our 8 year old PC for far too long and we finally bit the bullet! Today, we purchased our first MAC and I can't wait to get started!

And finally, after 20 years together, Matt got the right birthday cake...the Mint Chip Log from Baskin Robbins!! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday weekend and forgot all about turning 37. That is, until I go to the gym tomorrow and my knee and hip start to hurt!!!