Friday, May 7, 2010

Cupcakes and Crafts

Mrs. Falciano and the 2nd graders spoiled the moms with a fun afternoon of desserts and crafts.
Allison walked me to my seat and shared an adorable letter that she wrote to me. It said:
DearMom,
You are the best mom ever in the world. Your dinners are nice and yummy like you too. You make my clothes soft just like you. You make my bed so warm, just as warm as you can be. I enjoy when you go to my soccer games too.
Your daughter,
Allison

We also got to eat this delicious dessert. It tasted like cheesecake mousse with cookie crumbs. I think I need this recipe!

During our craft time, I painted Allison's hand and put her handprint on this poem.
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls, but every day I'm growing...
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away
So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

We also got to make flower necklaces and tissue paper flowers before the bell rang. It was a special treat especially because it may be the last Mother's Day school activity. I don't think they do this kind of thing in middle school or even in 3rd grade:(