Monday, July 6, 2009

Just Another Day at the Office

Matt seems to think our summer "office" is the beach which works for me. I wish we could be there every day. Today we met Wendy, Teri, Cheryl, Kate, Lisa, and Julie for our weekly beach date, although unfortunately, it hasn't been weekly. This was only our 2nd trip. The day started out a little overcast but quickly turned into a picture-perfect beach day. Allison boogie-boarded most of the day and Taylor spent most of her time watching over Carson. She will be a great babysitter in the next few years.
Taylor with Carson and Dominic

Marley, Zoe and Allison test the chilly water

Abby, Allison and Cooper



As soon as we arrived, I noticed two holes in the butt of Taylor's very old suit. I chose not to say anything knowing it would put her into a panic. We made it through the 1st few hours without anyone saying anything, but then sweet Abby said, "Do you know you have holes in your bathing suit?" That was the end of that. Taylor spent the rest of the day sidelined with her coverup on but she continued to play with Carson in the sand and was surprisingly calm. We will be bathing suit shopping tomorrow!

I did get a few eye roles from her when I wouldn't let her walk on the pier with some of her friends. There were way too many people and it was too far away, but she was feeling very left out and frustrated with me. It is a tough thing explaining that I trust her, but don't trust the motives of others on the beach and that it is my job to protect her even if it means upsetting her. Matt helped me get the point across over dinner and I think she somewhat understands. It wasn't the 1st time and certainly won't be the last.

Kelly, Felicia, Emily, Taylor, Allison & Dominic